In today’s global economy, we must help our students gain a decisive advantage in the job market. Becoming proficient in a second language is extremely advantageous for many reasons.
Here’s what the experts are saying:
· JobMonkey says:
…….there are plenty of other reasons for learning a foreign language, including:
- Boost employability
- Beat out the job search competition
- Command higher wages
- Travel and work abroad
- Broaden your network
- WinterWyman says:
In the global economy, one of the most valuable traits an employee can possess is the ability to speak a second or multiple languages. Knowing an additional language like Spanish, French or Mandarin, for example, illustrates to an employer the value you bring as an employee and a person. Here are five reasons why speaking a foreign language can help you in your career.
- Marketability: Potential employers realize bilingual employees are at a premium in the marketplace and having these skills can make you an attractive candidate
- Distinguishability: knowing a foreign language can be the unique talent that gets you that coveted first interview.
- Relationship Building: knowing their language, even if they also speak English, can elevate the professional relationship – This can lead to more sales, better service and stronger interactions with colleagues.
- Appeal to Global Companies: Foreign language fluency will give you the opportunity to showcase yourself as a global employee, which can be filled with exciting, fulfilling and lucrative professional opportunities. Also, your skills could put you in line for a promotion.
- Improvement of Other Crucial Business Skills: Research shows many skills that come along with knowing a foreign language translates favorably in the work place.
Modern Language Labs Greatly Increase the Amount of Speaking Time!
Institutions have an important opportunity to make a dramatic influence in a student’s future career opportunities. High schools and middle schools, community colleges and universities have large numbers of students enrolling in foreign language classes. Speaking proficiency in the target language is critical. Increasingly, many schools are implementing modern language labs with pre-built ‘live-audio’ activities to simulate, practice and achieve conversational skillsets. Having a language lab greatly increases the amount of speaking time by the students in the target language.
ESS is Your One Stop Shop | Language Lab Technology for your School
Not just a language lab – a successful, productive language lab!
Teachers don’t have time to waste. They want reliability and effective use of time.
That’s important! Educational Systems & Services (ESS) understands that.
ESS selects the very best, most reliable modern language labs and works directly with the teachers to ensure the lab is productive and effective. The labs are extremely easy to use. One or two clicks
ESS is your one-stop shop for language learning solutions for your school.
- Traditional language labs
- Mobile cart language labs
- Online language learning tools
- Excellence in service, support and training
- Entry-level labs
- Advanced-level labs
- District-wide deployments
- Free trial installation – try before you buy!
- AP testing made EZ!
- Pre-built activities
- Video streaming
Educational Systems and Services also offers many other features such as free online teacher resources, remote support and on-site training and service if needed. Visit their website at http://esshq.com/ or give them a call today at 1-855-BEST-LAB to get more information and read about all the helpful options they provide.
Teachers Matter | Love your lab!